I Have been tagged by my Darling Penny http://pennyshenhouse.blogspot.co.uk - I need to tell you eleven random things about me that you do not know
1. While playing with a cousin when I was little he fell through our French Windows, luckily he did not hurt himself - what I didn't tell anyone was that he had annoyed me enormously and I tripped him up! his parents paid for the replacement window - Oh the shame.
2. I once got my foot stuck in a bucket of water - the fact it was in the middle of my A level Domestic Science practical exam just added to the glory of the moment.
3. I once had a crush on Chris Patten
4 My memory is so dreadful now I get giddy with excitement when the Ocado order comes as I can never remember what I have ordered and it is a lovely surprise
5. I know my husband pretends to be asleep in the middle of the night when the dog wants to be let out for a wee, I don't let on as I love him.
6. I Don't vote anymore, they are all the same - promises made and never kept.
7. I am a spendthrift - keep that one under your hat will you I like to kid my husband that I am parsimonious to a fault.
8. I never read instructions for anything, I just fly by the seat of my pants and hope - consequently our new microwave is a complete mystery to me and it will probably stay that way for a long time.
9. While sleeping in my daughters room I threw her wall clock through the window and watched it sail over next doors fence - I can't bear ticking clocks at night and had tried everything to dull the noise it never occurred to me to remove the batteries.
10, I sometimes watch 'Made in Chelsea', my children and husband are appalled.
11. I once literally knocked my children's heads together, we were on a lovely walk on a quiet country lane, they were squabbling , they were so shocked it worked a treat. I do not condone violence generally.
Penny would like me to answer these questions.....................
1. What do you want Father Christmas to bring you this year ?
A Peace Love and Harmony and just a touch of the same feeling of pure excitement that I used to get when I was a child.
2. If you could swap a day in the life of... who would it be?
A Deborah Mitford - she has a huge sense of fun and so much style and is probably waited on hand and foot.
3. If you could change your first name, what would you be called ?
A Caroline, it probably wouldn't suit me but who cares
4. On a desert Island, what would be your item of luxury ?
A Tom Hiddleston. I wouldn't care if I was stranded for months.
6. If you could be a character in a book, who would you be ?
A Katherine in Anya Seton's book of the same name, as long as Hiddles was John Of Gaunt
7. If you were casting a new Jane Eyre film, who would be your Mr Rochester
A Hmm now that IS a difficult one. But I hate to buck a trend so guess who, they would have to rough him up a bit though
8. What can you simply not eat ?
A Jelly - any colour any time - hate the stuff.
9. What is your all time romantic scene in a film ?
A 'Sense and Sensibility' - When Elinor (Emma Thompson) finds out Edward Ferrars (Hugh Grant) is not married. It touches my heart every time.
10. What is the most memorable thing a teacher said to you ?
A Truly I am not trying to be obtuse but I can't remember, so I suppose whatever it was wasn't that memorable.
11. How do you like your eggs in the morning ?!!!
In truth I cannot nominate eleven people with less than 200 followers . I would have chosen half the same ones as Penny, so sorry Penny you can remonstrate with me when next we meet. I will make tea and cake if that will soften the blow. XXX
Have a lovely weekend one and all.